for any questions or issues regarding your application, please contact email@example.com
The Benefits of EUBREAST Membership:
- Enter into an important network of renowned European breast surgeons
- Participate in knowledge-exchanges regarding the latest findings and current scientific projects in the field of breast cancer surgery
- Take part in international cross-border studies
- Publish your EUBREAST membership status on your website / social media platforms together with the respective logo.
Types of Membership:
- Effective Members: these members have the right to vote and participate in all their respective Association's and EUBREAST Network events. They are the heart and soul of EUBREAST. You can apply below to become an Effective Member. The annual fee is fifty (50) Euros* for individual members and five-hundred (500) Euros for non-profit Institutions.
- Honorary Members: these members are appointed by the General Assembly after suggestion of the Executive Board thanks to their extraordinary scientific merit.
- Supporting Members: supporting Members are invited by the Executive Board and, with their permission, will be acknowledged on the website of the Association for their ongoing support.
- Network Associates: while these Network participants do not have membership status, they still wish to participate in the Network's activities in an ongoing and constant manner. They do not have a right to vote, nor are they required to pay the membership fee.
How to Apply: Effective Members and Network Associates
1. The EUBREAST Network welcome applications for Effective Membership to one of the EUBREAST Associations (EUBREAST e.V. Germany and EUBREAST ETS Italy). You can apply as an individual (natural person) or as a legal entity (such as an institution), in accordance with the rules and regulations of its country of origin. The rights and obligations of the Effective Members, including the annual membership fee, are regulated in the Statutes of the individual EUBREAST associations*.
To apply for Effective Membership to one of the EUBREAST Associations, please:
- complete the online application form (including GDPR consent);
- send us your English-language CV and list of any relevant publications together with any additional proof of your clinical or scientific research in the field of breast cancer or breast cancer treatment;
- the appropriate EUBREAST Executive Board* will then evaluate your application and inform you of their decision as quickly as possible.
*Should your application be accepted, you will be automatically assigned to one of the two legally-recognized EUBREAST Associations, unless you make a specific request in your application. The two EUBREAST Associations currently work in parallel - sharing publications, events, clinical trials - within the legal limitations of their statutes.
*The annual fee of 50 or 500 Euros will be sollicited once a year prior to the spring General Assembly.
2. In addition to the types of membership mentioned above, you can also choose to apply to become a Network Associate. This may be of interest to those physicians and breast cancer specialists who would like to remain in close contact with the EUBREAST Network, keeping up-to-date about its activities and participating in many of them, but don’t wish to acquire the official status of an Effective Member.
As Network Associates are not official members of either of the EUBREAST Associations, they do not have the right to vote in assemblies or board meetings. These Associates are not required to pay the annual fee (donations, however, are always welcome!).
Should a Network Associate later decide to become an Effective Member, s/he will only need to complete a short form confirming his/her interest in becoming an official member, recognizing the rights and obligations that come with this new status.
Only individuals (natural persons) can apply to be a Network Associate.
In order to apply as an Network Associate of the EUBREAST Network, you should:
a. complete the online application form (including GDPR consent);
b. send your CV and list of any relevant publications together with any additional proof of your clinical or scientific research in the field of breast cancer or breast cancer treatment
c. The Network will then evaluate your application and inform you of their decision as quickly as possible.
Please note that the EUBREAST Network is not a legal entity but an informally-recognized group. For any issues that may arise in relation to a Network Associate (such as questions regarding GDPR or conflict of interest), one of the two legally-recognized EUBREAST Associations will manage the situation directly.
If you have any questions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org